Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Just Sitting (with Chips)

The “to do” things have been bringing me down lately, with triathlons taking up every weekend and exercise or some other activity weighing on any time away from work. Tyler is forever fine with whatever comes, but I get sick of doing too much all of the time. We just need a night off.

I’ll cook something - because oddly I like to cook even when I’m done with the world. I’m thinking about some sort of kabob. And some ranch-grilled red potatoes. Tyler will make a smoothie of some sort - we love those. Maybe some ice cream for dessert?

And then you know what else is on my list of to dos? RELAX. That’s it. So sad that as you grow up you have to tell yourself to do things like that. I have been looking forward to this night for three weeks.

We might play Speed. We might start reading Mockingjay - the third book in the entrancing Hunger Games series (we read nearly all of book one on our honeymoon - that’s how good it is). We might just lay on the floor and watch T.V. all night. Honestly, I’d be good with any of those. I can hardly wait.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! Home made ice cream would be the best I think to go along with your kabobs. Especially peach. Mmmm. Here are a couple of good ones my mom does if you have the stuff:

    http://www.graciousrain.com/2009/08/14/peach-ice-cream/

    http://www.graciousrain.com/2010/09/01/fresh-peach-popsicles/

    ReplyDelete