Friday, August 20, 2010

Today I just can not concentrate for the life of me. I'm a little antsy. My stomach's a little tied up. I'm accomplishing little and doing much. You know what that means? Race day's ahead. Oh gosh, oh gosh, oh gosh. I'm a tiny bit nervous, I guess. It's my first Olympic triathlon. I've done sprints for three years now. And they're tough. But I knew I had to roll with the big guns once in my life. And Tyler (my husband) wasn't about to let me quit.

Oh I tried. We trained all summer, then five days before the race (he's doing a half ironman), shady dealings by the race director and it turns out our triathlon was nothing at all. So, I though, perfect. Now I don't have to go through with it. Nope, wrong. Ty convinced me - almost begged me - to finish what I started. Fine! (he's right, I know, so - FINE!). Another triathlon. A BIG triathlon. What if I don't finish? What if I come in last? At least I tried. Try-athlon. Is there some sort of award for that?

3 comments:

  1. Good luck little athletic one...you will do great! Remember: Pain is temporary, quitting last forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrian you are awesome! And glad you shared your blog on facebook--so I can check back in and see how you do at the olympic triathlon. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely respect your enthusiasm for all this! Any suggestions on how to have some of that rub off? ;)

    ReplyDelete