Friday, September 3, 2010

Crash and Then

Not the freeway - the freeway
 was not pretty
I apologize in advance for writing something sad – it’ll be quick. I was stopped in traffic on the freeway yesterday, and I was thinking bummer for that guy in the accident, bummer for me when my boss is mad that I’m two hours late getting back to work. Turns out, it really was a game-over bummer for the other guy. He was 71.

I saw what happened to his car – completely smashed around the steering wheel. So fast and then life’s over. Then I read the details on the online news this morning, and I made the decision not to cry and make a scene at work. But I felt a little sick inside – you know the feeling?

All because someone else wasn’t right in their mind. Not because of a mental illness – that I can slightly understand. But because she induced herself that way somehow with substances not meant for people in moving cars.

Drugs and the like are a sad thing for me because they have the potential for so much harm. They make moms cry all over the place. However, I don’t really like how some people on the comment boards online were saying things like “she should fry” or “let’s get our guns and get rid of this waste before she gets off with a slap on the wrist.” Because this is a sad story for her too. It seems like she’s made some really bad decisions, which she has to live with the rest of her life (hopefully without car access). I wish she hadn’t done what she’s done. But she is still a person, at one point I’m sure a good one. It’s sad on every side.

I wish I could give her mom a hug.

1 comment:

  1. Put her name on the prayer roll. That's a good way to give her a "hug" since Heavenly Father will know who you know specifically.

    ReplyDelete