Friday, September 24, 2010

There You Have It

Since you got a tour of our house, I thought I’d follow up with a tour of our life. Now, if you’re looking for thrilling this might not be the post, but this week is as close to typical as it gets: 

Monday. Class for Tyler on Monday nights, so I went for the sweetest bike ride with my dad. We went up the Provo Canyon. The leaves are on the cusp of changing and the air had a hint of fall, but it was still warm and light enough to see. It was perfect. He’s one of my best friends for real. I followed the ride with cleaning the house. Kinda like a good run, I like it most when it’s over.

Tuesday. Visits for my church calling while Tyler worked the night away. Eleven doors knocked, one answer. But that one answer was an old lady who seemed a little lonely. I was glad about that.  

Wednesday. Wednesday and pork chops with peach and pecan sauce, served over rice with broccoli from the garden and a homemade smoothie (contributed by Tyler). Things turned out pretty well. Then the grad student studied and I read right next to him.

Thursday. Thursday and the morning was going along just fine until that unfortunate incident with my car. It was the other guy’s fault, not too much damage, but I may have to do something about my neck … My head rang. All. Day. Long. Later Tyler subbed in an indoor soccer game and he scored three goals. He is very, very good at soccer, and I love that he got to play. He loved it too. With 10 minutes to spare we got to a wedding reception for Tyler’s family friend. They dyed the white roses a bit blue and I thought it was lovely. Then Tyler iced my neck and rubbed my back and called the guy that hit me and figured it all out. I never knew having someone to take care of you could feel so great.

Friday. I canned some peaches. A lot, it seemed. It took until, well, now actually. So long. My mom gave me the steps and the kitchen and the tools, and I went for it. Lucky Tyler got out of it with a night shift. Jury’s still out on if it’s worth it. I'm a little proud though. These peaches are going to taste soooo good.

We’ll be up early tomorrow for a fundraiser race with my dad – a little 5k. It’s to help a family with finances for their mom who’s dying of cancer. A good cause and it sounds fun. And then we get to hang out all day. It’s what I’ve been waiting for since Monday.

Did you make it to the end? Me too. I’m very tired. In about two hours Tyler will come home, and we'lll talk until we fall asleep. I can’t even wait.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love weekends!!!! Way to go on the peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've helped a lot with canning before, but I honestly have never done it myself--let alone from start to finish. Very impressed!

    ReplyDelete