Tuesday, September 28, 2010

All of a Sudden

For a few years after I got my driver’s license – I would be driving along and all of a sudden realize I could drive. It was a little disconcerting. It was like I missed a part, and there I was semi-grew up. Maybe I’m the only one this happened to…

Anyway, I eventually got used to the fact that I could drive. Progress. This weekend, though, I had another one of those “Oh my gosh, I grew up moments.” Tyler was brushing his teeth in our master bathroom, and I was lying on our bed watching him. Out of nowhere, I realized – we own a washer and dryer. That is so weird.

The thought train came down to how life has changed in the last two years. How did it happen that I can not only drive the car, but I can also own it? When did I get old enough to have a mortgage – and buy a refrigerator? Since when do I can peaches on a Friday night? And gosh, when did I become a wife - with an amazing husband?

I know there was life in between then and now, but sometimes it all seems like a blur when I sit back and actually think about it. Like a lot of those things that mattered so much are pretty insignificant, other than the fact that they are part of what made me into me.

Man, I am so glad some of things I had planned for and prayed for didn’t happen. And I am so glad some of the things I didn’t think I needed were given to me and turned out to be the most important things of all. My relationship with God has taught me that He has a plan for me, even if at times I haven’t a clue what it is. He loves us, He doesn’t give up on us and He knows everything. Thank goodness. What a wreck I could’ve made out of the whole thing without Him.

2 comments:

  1. Adrian - I sure love you! Thank you for your testimony that God does know us! You are so great. HOpefullly we will catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess it's not so all of the sudden then is it? :) That's a lot of days in that life that grow on one another. I wonder if those epiphanies though are our Heavenly Father's way of letting us see a little more of what He sees... letting us give some credit for where we are in our progression and see more of our individual worth. Love your thoughts Adrian--love you!

    ReplyDelete