Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"It's Rather Easy to be Busy"

So Saturday I was listening to this talk from one of my favorite people. And I got a text from a friend who said – “this talk reminds me of you. You are always so busy.” Tyler had already had a good laugh about how soooo for me the talk was. The topic? Basically: giving yourself too much to do and being busy all the time.

Admittedly I have a list problem. I have at least five lists going at any moment. A list of things to do at work (updated daily). A list of things to do at home each night of the week. A list of things to do at home each night next week. A list of things I want to buy someday. A list of gifts family members might like for Christmas or their next birthday. A list … o.k. a few other lists. Maybe more than a few.
And they ALWAYS have more than I could possibly do. I like to think I get more accomplished than I would have without the list – I would definitely say I’m never bored. But, as the speaker said, “there’s more to life than increasing its speed.”
Am I so all about the list that I don’t have time to be all about the things that really matter? Do I get distracted from the things that matter most? Are my priorities right? Sometimes to all of those. Needs improvement for sure.
 
I think it’s time to re-evaluate. Maybe time for a little un-organizing…

No comments:

Post a Comment