Thursday, June 30, 2011

Life is Good

One day I did a triathlon with my husband, Tyler. He never did them before, but now he does when I do so we can be together when we train. It’s really nice, having him there. My parents were there at the race to cheer. They’re really good like that. 

I had to swim with the boys, which I didn’t care for much. My odometer was broken, so I road my bike very fast, faster than maybe ever. Then I ran and my dad yelled that I could catch Tyler if I hurried. I thought he was joking (Tyler is very fast), but I hurried anyway. I finished. Two minutes behind Tyler and 16 minutes faster than I ever had before. I placed 16th among the women. I felt tired. And good about that. I love when you finish and you’ve accomplished something you didn’t know was possible. It makes you wonder what else you could do. 


The next day we traveled over an ocean and landed in Hawaii. It’s beautiful there, in case you didn’t know. I love the green and the slight breeze (when it’s slight) on the beach. And Tyler. He was the best part. Tyler’s whole family was in Hawaii. We hiked and we played games and we tanned (or attempted to tan, in my case). It was a really great trip – one I’ll remember a long time. I loved the hiking. I got sea sick on the scuba diving, but I conquered a fear, and we touched an octopus. Tyler also touched a sea urchin, not such an awesome part. I liked the turtles. Boogie boarding was fun. It was really great to have some time away. 

Now we’re back and it’s a lovely summer, although it’s moving a bit fast in my opinion. We went on one last ride on the scooter, then sold it. We sit on the porch swing and Tyler makes smoothies. We decided to conquer the Harry Potter book series together. We talk about our days. We play tennis. It’s nice. I’ll snapshot the past few weeks and keep it in my mind for moments when the going is rough, just so I can remember that although life can be crappy, life can also be pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's awesome about the triathlon! So speedy! Yeah, I definitely want the summer to slow down.

    ReplyDelete