Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Back to It

Can you keep a secret? Nixon and I went for a run.

Today I hit the six-week point since baby. And that means, if all looks well tomorrow at the doctor’s, I will be cleared to run. I promised myself I would wait, but then I got curious and then ... I jumped the gun just a wee bit. I honestly couldn’t wait. It was hard an exhilarating at the same time. Oh, how I missed it!

 I can’t believe it’s finally here. I can’t believe it. Almost a year ago, I stopped running hard. I was pregnant, then it ended, then I was pregnant again two months later. Because of how it all happened, I was terrified to run. I exercised just about four times a week until five days before the little dude arrived, biking or swimming or elliptical. But running. Running was too much of a mental challenge. Even when I did jog on occasion, it certainly wasn’t heavy exercise.

 And now I’ve made it back to the point where my exercise routine can’t possibly hurt anyone, except I guess myself. I am giddy. Two weeks ago I was frustrated with the delay in healing I felt like I was experiencing. The birth process left some scars I feared would never mend. I consider it a blessing that today things are looking up. Pain is almost gone! Getting back into running shape will be a serious challenge. I am different, there’s no way around it. But I am all in. So dang excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment