Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Anything-but-Relaxing Memorial Day

I would like a re-do of Memorial Day weekend. Actually, I wouldn’t take anything we did back, I’d just add three more days, and good weather ones at that. Those days I’d use to relax and rest after a busy, busy few days of:
    My nephews - such boys, so great.

  • Attending the Hill Air Force Base air show – cold and rainy, but fun to see the planes overhead and feel a sense of patriotism with my nephews in tow.
  • Celebrating my sister’s birthday with lunch and fun with the kids. Mostly we just ate and talked for a few hours. Worth the three hours of driving we did to get to that point.
  • Blessing a new baby – Tyler’s older brother blessed their second son. Family came to town and it was great to see everyone. The day was dampened by rain, but nice just the same. I tried to sleep after the festivities were over, but failed. I think I have a sleeping problem.
  • Playing tennis, then golfing nine holes, then enjoying a family barbeque and a Heat game and late night Walmart run to finish the night.
  • Making three desserts for the events above and doing who knows how many dishes.
  • Realizing I have bronchitis. I’ve had bronchitis way too many times in my life. It’s definitely not welcome.
Man, I look so happy in this picture. I really do like to golf, I promise.

I slept little last night on account of the pelvic bones saying I’ve done too much. I promised to never do it again. Probably I lied. I am exhausted, but actually kind of proud of my body for all that it has accomplished. Tonight, I rest. All in the name of a three-day weekend, right?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed! Our adventures were short yet seemed to take all day.

    ReplyDelete