Monday, August 1, 2011

Trying On the Course

I have taken up golfing. And when I say I’ve taken up golfing, I don’t mean that I’ve taken to being good at golfing. I can drive when I hit it, my put is quite floppy, my sand aversion is, well, rough. But I have started to enjoy golfing. Tyler’s been golfing for pretty much his whole life, so he’s really good. For me, I love riding in a golf cart with Ty, I think golf courses are beautiful and I actually quite like the game. The whole process is relaxing.

Tyler found the sweetest deal on a starter left-handed set, surprising me one Saturday. I think I’ve just about used them enough it was worth it now. 

I’ve even experienced my first golf wound – this bump on my wrist is nicknamed a “bible cyst” because back in the day they used to tell people to hit it with a bible and it would go away. Tried that, didn’t work. Going to have to visit the doctor soon. I think, scratch that, I know (ask Tyler), I’m swinging too hard. I was a softball player first, for heaven’s sake. 

Before I met Tyler, I used to take classes just for the excitement of learning something new. I took basic Web design, CPR, swimming, tennis and I was about to start cake decorating and photography. This is just another chance to learn, even if I may never score out of the 60s (I’ll let you guess if that’s on 9 or 18 holes…). It feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment