Monday, March 14, 2011

Just Like Yesterday

I had all the intent to go for a run this morning like I do. But the alarm went off. I stood up, walked across the room … and I just couldn’t do it. I reset the clock and went back to bed for an hour. How embarrassing. That kind of thing is rare for me. But once in a while I just rebel against myself.

I won’t blame the daylight savings, because I got plenty of sleep (and who would blame daylight savings for anything? It’s so lovely!). I will blame the totally amazing, super dang cool long weekend we had. You see, on Saturday we celebrated one year as Mr. and Mrs. Gibb! How great is that?! (Really great!)

Tyler planned such an incredible few days. First stop, The Cheesecake Factory. Never been there and I’ll be going back as often as I can. It was a really cool atmosphere and really good food. And the Reese’s cheesecake was a definite plus. Then we continued north to a little bed and breakfast in Ogden Canyon called the Alaskan Inn. It was dang cool. Tyler chose one of the individual cabins, which I really loved. It was such a great feel, a great night and an amazing breakfast in the morning. Served right to our door. Awesome.

But, that’s not all; we checked out after breakfast and ended up in Park City. I thought we might get a quick bite before heading to Sundance for a few hours on the snowboards, but that was not the plan. I never realized that Tyler had grown to know me so well until he pulled into the Park City shopping outlets and said, “You have $50 you can spend on whatever you want.” Did he know that I’d fantasized about this very thing happening to me since the 10th grade? No. He just knows me.

After shopping we ate at one of those totally upscale restaurants on Main Street. It was pretty good and better because the gift card made things do-able. I’m going to miss this gift card stage of life.

Our first year of marriage has been the best year of my life times 10. Of course, ups and downs happened. Of course we had to learn a lot of things about each other and about ourselves. But I loved every minute. When we were dating, my family would always ask if I was sick of him yet. That happened a lot with me and guys. I knew I loved him because I knew that would never happen with him. Being with him will never get old. He really is my best friend. He is so cool. And so was the weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment